Governors are appointed to provide strong links between the school and the community it serves. They have a wide experience of the outside world and provide an independent view a visible form of accountability for the school. Their role is to offer challenge and support on the strategic running of the school.
Governors attend school meetings, training sessions and conferences in order to maximise their impact.
In order to do this, our Governing Body:
– works with Mrs Nicholls who is responsible for the day to day management of the school.
– agrees policies and practice that assist Mr Denchfield and staff to carry out their responsibilities.
– agrees principles and targets for improvement.
– acts as the critical friend of the school and Mr Denchfield.
– receives and discusses the Self-Evaluation Reports which are used to accurately evaluate the performance of the school across key areas.
– reviews its own working practices works within the regulations for governing bodies that are provided by the DfE and other statutory bodies.
Governors at the Learning Federation
Alan Kemp – Chair of Governors
Paul McGeary – Vice Chair of Governors
David Denchfield – Executive Headteacher
Karen Howell – Parent Govenor
Mark Borrell – Parent Governor
Niti Paul Mehmi – Co-opted Governor
Laura Bourne – Co-opted Parent Governor
Mandy Anderson – Co-opted Governor
Teresa Carey – Staff Governor
Julia Woodstock – Co-opted Governor
National Governors’ Association Constitution of the Learning FederationDownloadGovernor’s Attendance Records 20-21DownloadGovernor’s Attendance Records 21-22DownloadGovernor’s Declaration of Interest Download